About the company
hQphotonics (hQp) is a start-up company formed by researchers from the California Institute of Technology. hQp is a leader in developing and commercializing state-of-the art, ultra-low phase noise microwave oscillators using photonics approaches. Its current products are used in a range of applications including communications, test and measurement, and sensing. hQp is located in the historic and beautiful City of Pasadena in Southern California.
Duties and responsibilities
Principal Photonics Engineer will be responsible for the research and development, and commercialization of a new class of compact, advanced integrated photonic systems. Responsibilities include:
- Lead the design, analysis, and test of integrated photonic systems
- Experimental characterization and analysis of integrated photonic systems
- Interaction and collaboration with cross-functional teams in electrical engineering and software.
- Recent PhD degree in Applied Physics, Physics, Electrical Engineering with photonics background, or MS degree with seasoned work experience
- Solid theoretical background of laser physics, nonlinear optics, and integrated photonics
- Experimental experiences with integrated photonics and nonlinear photonics
- Test and measurement experience with microwave and photonic laboratory instruments
- Strong publication record
- Experience with photonic simulation and layout tools
We offer competitive salaries and benefits. To apply for this position, candidates should email your resume to [email protected].